Q: Q: Trouble starting

My check engine light came on yesterday, so took it to get tested. It threw 4 codes but none of which should have kept it from starting. However when we went to leave it wouldn't start. We sat there for a few minutes then decided to try to jump it. The battery seemed fine but it finally started. Got it home shut it off and it wouldn't start again. This morning was going to take it to a mechanic friend to see if he could figure out the problem but now it starts but won't stay running. It dies within a couple seconds

Hi there:

If you’re Jeep Liberty had (4) different error codes; it’s more than likely one or several of them would give a professional mechanic a good indication as to where your problem exists. In some cases, this issue could be caused by a faulty ignition relay; or a crankshaft position sensor wiring harness that is faulty and working inconsistently. If you take it to your mechanic friend and they can’t figure out the issue, contact one of our professional mobile mechanics and have them diagnose this issue by completing a car is hard to start inspection; before spending any money on parts and repairs.

3. Q: Trouble starting