Q: Tring to find out exactly what wrong.

I Bought a 02 Mitsubishi Eclipse from Milbury, 2 months ago, didn't run , didn't start, I bought a new Vp-26 battery, installed it, car lights and everything came right on, tried to start it and I hear a rapid Clicking sound, I was told by a friend that it sounds like the starter, so I have the starter in the trunk of the car but I have NO IDEA , how to install it, but then one day I was smoking a cig and I was just sitting in the car decided to start it, and It STARTED UP, move 5 feet and died, but the weird thing is it didn't feel like it wanted to move I put it in drive and it just reved for 5 seconds and then JUMPED forward, and does the same thing going in reverse too, can someone please help , I would love to get it fixed if I can and I really don't want to have to junk it, but if I have no choice then I guess I'll have to, the car don't start up or run as it stands, and it's my first car, so I really would like to get it fixed instead of junkin it.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The first thing to consider is the age and mileage on the vehicle. There could be a significant amount of work that needs to be done. With that being said, you will either have to do a variety of testing, or just go ahead and replace and maintain several components. If you are planning on doing a majority of these repairs at home, consider obtaining a repair manual for your exact vehicle. This will give you all of the specifications and procedures you will need for the work. The starter is best accessed from the bottom of the vehicle, and should not be terribly difficult with the proper tools and information at hand. Once the vehicle starts perfectly, we can address the stalling and running issues. Once its running, you need to do a full safety inspection of the vehicle. This will include: brakes, tires, fluids (oil, coolant, transmission, brake, washer fluid), filters (air, oil, and gas), all exterior lights (turn signals, hazards, brake lights, parking lights, dims and brights), drive belts, climate control test, and any other electronics that are important to you inside the vehicle. Take this project one step at a time, and for any assistance during the process, contact our service department to schedule a house call.

3. Tring to find out exactly what wrong.