Q: Transmission trouble - 2002 Audi TT Quattro

asked by on September 30, 2016

So I have an Audi TT Quattro (2002) with 109K miles on it. While driving this morning I went to shift, and I herd a pop and suddenly the clutch wouldn't disengage. After some further tinkering I've discovered- The car will not shift while stopped. It will go into gear if you turn it off and if you try to turn it on it will jerk and jump forward till it starts moving forward in 1st. It will shift while the engine is running but you have to time the shifts properly And the clutch pedal doesn't drop to the ground but has little resistance behind it, so only enough to come back up.

So I know the clutch hasn't blown together and the only thing I can think of is either the clutch master cylinder or the slave cylinder has gone bad.

Clutch is not working Inspection $94.99 - $114.99 Get a Quote

Hello there. Clutch issues are common with your 2002 Audi Quattro. Given than the clutch is only able to engage when the engine is turned off, there are only a few likely culprits. The most common would be a failed clutch, clutch pressure plate, or throwout bearing. Generally a master cylinder or slave that was faulty would have no pressure in the pedal and be unable to shift gears at all. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your clutch issues and perform any repairs required.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr