Q: Transmission Slip

Transmission is slipping very badly. Upon getting on the gas it takes 3 seconds to shift into gear causing danger on hills in stop and go traffic. Get a lot better when the car warms up but after cold start for the next 20mins its awful. If I stop to quickly the transmission won't get out of gear fast enough and it will stall.

This may be a sign of a faulty transmission control solenoid or low transmission fluid. Modern automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This can also happen when there is not enough transmission fluid in the transmission which causes a lack of hydraulic pressure. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take the car for a test drive to more specifically determine the cause for this.

3. Transmission Slip