Q: Transmission problem 3rd gear

asked by on August 25, 2016

When I start my Mazda and put it in drive my gearbox jump from 1 to 3rd gear and immediately show on my dashboard battery light, everything else is working ( reverse, parking, neutral ) ! I test the battery and alternator and they are working great! Sometimes car is working normally all gears but know it is only working in 3 gear! And by the way i changed my right axle before 3 days

Hey there. This is something your car will do when going into "safe mode" which can happen when the ECM detects something is wrong with any of the car’s systems. This is a safety feature to keep you and the car safe when things are not operating properly. If the car is going into "safe mode," then it this is a good indicator that one of the systems is going bad and is in need of urgent repair. A mechanic will usually start by checking what trouble codes are showing in order to shed light on the problem and make a proper diagnosis.