Q: My truck originally started having difficulties with shifting.

My truck originally started having difficulties with shifting, and high rpms to mph. Then one day just started revving and not driving. I changed out the trans control module(governor) as well as flushed the trans, and put in a new filter. She drove amazingly for 3 days, and bam same issue, she just revs when placed in gear. The trans fluid i put in is still red and not burnt. Could this be a issue with the trans oil pressure solenoid? Or could it have been a faulty governor? I did however find a leak in the trans pan when i removed it this time, which i have taken care of. Im hoping that the new governor that im going to put in will work like the last one, and last but not least could the leak have caused the governor to fault? Any suggestions would be highly helpful, and much appreciated thanks.

Hi there. The transmission is slipping and breaking down from the inside. When the fluid was replaced, the fluid may have cleaned some parts of the transmission, but then the fluid could have cleaned too much of the materials making the transmission slip the gears. If you rev up the engine and let off then rev up the engine again and let off and then the vehicle begins to move, then the transmission is slipping and needs either rebuilt or replaced. A pressure solenoid that is not working will no work at all and will stop functioning causing the transmission to not move at any time. Since you had your vehicle drive great for 3 days, then the pressure solenoid is working fine. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission issue.

3. My truck originally started having difficulties with shifting.