Q: Transfer case show 4x4 high when put into 4x4 low

When the transfer case is put on 4x4 high, it shows up; but then when it’s put into 4x4 low, it just shows up as 4x4 high. Do I have to drive at 4x4 high before the transfer case will switch to 4x4 low?

A: Make sure that the truck is in park or neut...

Make sure that the truck is in park or neutral when shifting to 4x4 low. If it is, and you're still getting this problem, you can try driving forward a bit to see if it engages in low gear. But there is more likely a problem with the transfer case or the switch. You should have the vehicle's transmission scanned and diagnosed by a professional technician to ensure that the correct repairs are made.