Q: Car shakes, rpm needle drops to 400rpms and slow acceleration

Yesterday night, I was driving and I stopped at a red light when my car began to shake and it feels like it wants to turn off.The service engine light came on and it also hesitates when I try to accelerate.

Hello, There are a number of reasons that may cause the check engine light to come on and the engine to shake. Shaking or vibration may be caused by many different things such as faulty spark plugs, poor fuel pressure or misfires. Other things such as a faulty idle air control valve may cause the engine idle to drop below the normal idling RPM which may also cause the motor to shake or vibrate more than normal. Anytime a misfire is caused, this causes an imbalance in the motor which will cause the motor to shake or vibrate. This may also cause the car to hesitate to accelerate as you describe. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Car shakes, rpm needle drops to 400rpms and slow acceleration