Q: Took it to a mechanic, nothing found through scanner

Okay, so after taking my 02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo to a shop mechanic, they smelled fuel coming somewhere and I have been smelling fuel for a few months now and I wonder if a leak is causing the stalling by not creating pressure in the fuel lines. Now I had J & K Mobile Auto and Truck install the fuel pump and fuel filter and now I can't trust him to repair it right. Should I go to my other mechanic that I can trust that installed my 4x4 front drive shaft? The only reason I didn't go to Nick's Side Auto is because he was booked 2 weeks out. I'll look on here as well just in case Nick is booked again.

I would recommend going to the mechanic you trust and have them do an inspection to make sure the fuel filter and lines are not leaking. Sometimes an aftermarket fuel filter can leak at the connections and may need to be replaced with a factory style filter. Also, have the purge control and vent lines for the tank inspected for any leaks as well.

Even if the mechanic is booked they should at least take a look to see if you have any fuel leaks. However, if he’s unable to help you out, consider having one of our mobile technicians come out to you to diagnose the smell and pinpoint any leaks for you. Good luck.