Q: Too much hot air coming in the cabin through the vents

When on a drive, there is too much hot air flowing in the cabin through the dashboard vents; making the passanger and driver very uncomfortable.

A: The first thing to do when you feel access ...

The first thing to do when you feel access heat from the vehicle is to check the cooling system. Chances are likely something has failed. Always start by checking the level of the coolant. If it is full, then you will want to check your thermostat. This can be done by removing it from the vehicle and testing it in hot and cold water to make sure the movement is within specification. This can be tricky to do and is often not worth the time and money. It’s easier and perfectly fine to just replace it. The fans or radiator could also be an issue. Check the others first. One other component that’s possibly at fault (but unlikely) is the blower motor and blend doors for the climate control. If these fail, the climate control may be demanding the vehicle to blow hot air when the controls say otherwise.