Q: Q: Tires shaking??

When I drive my van for a short distance it's fine but when I've been driving for a while it starts to smell like burnt rubber and the tires start shaking violently. It does this especially on high temperature days. I do check the water level everyday and it still has the antifreeze.

Hi there, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to help.

Your situation may be brake related. If the front brake calipers are seized or not releasing fully, it would be as if you were driving with your foot on the brake pedal for several miles. The brakes will overheat causing the rotors to warp, make the vehicle shake and give you a burning smell. I owned a 1996 Quest for a short time and experienced the very same thing. Had to replace front brake calipers, pads, and rotors.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make any repairs as needed, or replace the necessary parts.

3. Q: Tires shaking??