Q: Tie Rod End Replacement

I recently had both tie rods replaced on a Hyundai Santa Fe AWD. After the alignment was done, I am still noticing the same issues I had before the repairs were done (play in steering, clunk sound when turning or going over bumps, vibration at speeds above 60mph, front end wobble, pulling to the left). I also notice a grinding type noise when turning left and the tie rod on that side looks like something has been scraping at it. I also noticed the tire on that side seems to be touching the inner frame when turned all the way to the left.
I also started experiencing a whine when turning and have PS fluid leaking all over right after the tie rod replacement although I don't see how the 2 could be related. Any ideas or suggestions on what could be causing this, how to fix, or what other symptoms to look for would be a big help. Thanks

A: Hello, It sounds like the rack and pinion m...

Hello, It sounds like the rack and pinion may have been damaged during the process of replacing the tie rods. If you are leaking power steering fluid, I would recommend having the rack and pinion checked. It is also very likely that the alignment was not done properly if the wheel is touching something while it is rotating. I would strongly recommend taking your vehicle back to the facility that serviced it last and ask them to recheck their work. It is very likely that any repairs performed from this point will be covered under warranty. If your vehicle leaves the shop in worse condition than it came in, it is almost always the mechanics fault. If the shop gives you any grief, I would recommend consulting with an attorney.