Q: Why does my tie rod have a different thread than the parts I can get at the parts store for my 1986 Dodge Ramcharger

The shaft on the drivers side tie rod end has coarse thread and everything at the part store has fine thread

Hello. If the thread is different than the replacement it is more than likely because the center drag link that was installed was incorrect for the vehicle. Depending on the model of the vehicle it can have a coarse or a fine thread. This changes the amount that the suspension moves during an alignment. You may need to purchase additional parts such as the drag link to get this to work.

• Why does my tie rod have a different thread than the parts I can get at the parts store for my 1986 Dodge Ramcharger