Q: Thinking about motor swap

I have an 06 H3 with a 3.5 VTech and I wanted to know what parts are needed to do a 5.3 swap and if it would be cheaper or about the same price to do the swap and parts that will be needed for the 5.3 swap also wanted to know if transmission will bolt up to the 5.3 without any mods

The main problem in such a swap is the engine computers for the two engines you are referring to are not interchangeable. And, you cannot flash re-program your existing computer to work with the new engine because the two use different computer hardware (physically different PCM’s). In addition, the wiring harnesses are completely different, and the TCM (transmission control module) will have to be completely changed as well. As if that isn’t enough, it would seem to me unlikely that if, and once, you substitute a new PCM and TCM that it will all work seamlesly, if at all, with the other computers on the vehicle such as the body control module but there are many other microprocessors involved as well. In the modern era, really the only way swaps like this can work is if you literally carry over all electronic controls and wiring that are associated with the engine to the vehicle. Obviously, that makes it very impractical and so few people do it. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

3. Thinking about motor swap