Q: The vehicle will start and drive, but will not go past 2500 rpm.

The vehicle will start and drive, but will not go past 2500 rpm. Replaced the camshaft sensor (multiple times) but it has not made any difference. Cleaned the catalytic converter, but still had made no difference to the limiting of rpm.

Water pump and timing belt were replaced at 110,000 miles; around a year ago.

Any ideas?

Hello. I would recommend having the camshaft seal inspected by a qualified professional. This camshaft seal often goes bad on these 2.4 liter engines in the PT Cruiser. When the oil leaks onto the camshaft position sensor, it causes the engine to produce these exact symptoms. If the camshaft seal is leaking I would recommend having the camshaft removed in order to replace the seal. Once this has been done the issue you are experiencing should be resolved. If you need help, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to replace the camshaft seal.