Q: The transmission not getting the vehicle up to speed - 2006 GMC Savana 3500

without warning the transmission would not accelerate the vehicle above 30-40 miles per hour and abpve that the engine revved and seemed to disconnected - slipping. Transmission fluid check indicated nothing on the dipstick - totally empty. No exernal leaks could be found and upon filling up a quart at a time the vehicle would attain a higher speed, add another quart and it would go a little faster. where did the fluid go and how can a tranny fail so quickly?

3. The transmission not getting the vehicle up to speed - 2006 GMC Savana 3500