Q: The transmission not getting the vehicle up to speed - 2006 GMC Savana 3500

without warning the transmission would not accelerate the vehicle above 30-40 miles per hour and abpve that the engine revved and seemed to disconnected - slipping. Transmission fluid check indicated nothing on the dipstick - totally empty. No exernal leaks could be found and upon filling up a quart at a time the vehicle would attain a higher speed, add another quart and it would go a little faster. where did the fluid go and how can a tranny fail so quickly?

A: Hello. You don't state how quickly the ...

Hello. You don't state how quickly the fluid loss occurred, but finding this leak is obviously the number one priority. There are 3 common leak points on this transmission (4L80E): the rear transmission housing/driveshaft yoke seal, the filler tube, and the electrical connector going in to the transmission. If this happens quickly, the tailshaft/driveshaft seal is the most likely candidate.

I would recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine the source of the leak and suggest the repairs necessary to get your car back in proper working order.