Q: The serpentine belt shredded in my brother car today while I was driving it my question is can his belt shred do to me driving sho

My brother serpentine belt shredded today we was trying to figure out would it shred when I was going a long distance away from the house or was it gonna shred naturally due to something beneath the engine?

Hi there. If the serpentine belt had ANY signs of damage, it could shred by simply starting the car; so I wouldn’t blame yourself or have him blame you. The serpentine belt typically will wear out over time naturally, but oil leaks or items under the vehicle can hit it, which can cause it to shred.

3. The serpentine belt shredded in my brother car today while I was driving it my question is can his belt shred do to me driving sho