Q: The first ignition start in the morning a lot of white smoke comes out. Nothing happens when the motor hot

Because a lot of white smoke comes out when cold, my mechanic told me that I have to change the valve seals, thing that he did.But the problem continues. What can it be the issue? If the motor is normally hot it works perfect.

Thank's

Hello, thank you for writing in. It is typical that vechiles will give off white smoke or steam during start up. Condensation builds up in the exhaust system, specially during cold weather, and the warm engine burns it off. If the white smoke or steam is prolonged, or very thick, then you have moisture entering the system from the engine. If you suspect the cooling system is leaking into the engine or exhaust check the level of coolant in the radiator and overflow tank. You may have a bad head gasket which needs to be replaced. Valve seals can cause these and simliar symptoms, but so can the PCV valve. Further testing needs to be done if you suspect the white smoke or steam is abnormal.

• The first ignition start in the morning a lot of white smoke comes out. Nothing happens when the motor hot