Q: The firing order is totally opposite of what the OEM says and it runs great - what's up with this?

I quess my question is basically how can it operates backwards I tried to put it to correctly and it just will not run so I'm just curious why it was like that or is there a problem I'm not seeing

The firing order of your engine is 1,3,4,2 and if you look on your distributor cap it should be marked with an A to indicate where the number one wire is put on. Your engine cylinders are numbered 1,2,3,4 with number 4 closest to the distributor. There will be some different shaped distributor caps that have all connections pointing up then you will connect them with cylinder 4 on cap near the firewall and then 2,1,3. If your car runs good and has good power with no misfires then you must have got the firing order correct.

• The firing order is totally opposite of what the OEM says and it runs great - what's up with this?