Q: The firing order is totally opposite of what the OEM says and it runs great - what's up with this?

I quess my question is basically how can it operates backwards I tried to put it to correctly and it just will not run so I'm just curious why it was like that or is there a problem I'm not seeing

A: The firing order of your engine is 1,3,4,2 ...

The firing order of your engine is 1,3,4,2 and if you look on your distributor cap it should be marked with an A to indicate where the number one wire is put on. Your engine cylinders are numbered 1,2,3,4 with number 4 closest to the distributor. There will be some different shaped distributor caps that have all connections pointing up then you will connect them with cylinder 4 on cap near the firewall and then 2,1,3. If your car runs good and has good power with no misfires then you must have got the firing order correct.