Q: The engine moves and vibrates after the dealer fixed an oil leak

When fixing a previous oil leak from a seal, the dealer took the engine out and it sounded like--I want to say my engine seemed to move or vibrate a bit more than running. How can I know what's normal and what is not normal? Engine-related--dealer left sloppy oil all over the place.

I would assume they did a sloppy job. If it does vibrate more, they could have broken a motor round. Maybe they didn’t get the motor mounts tight enough. I would personally go to another mechanic or have a mechanic from YourMechanic come check it out. Maybe it’s just loose and needs to be tightened up or maybe they are actually broken. And if it did shake right after you got back, I would take it back to a dealer with that information and say that didn’t happen before and see if they would do anything about it. Because really, if your car has been worked on and you get it right back with something new happening to it, it’s almost always something that has to do with repairs that were done on the car. If you want to have this checked out, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the engine vibration and let you know what needs to be repaired.