Q: The door locks no longer work.

When i am inside the car , the doors can be locked. when i come out of the car and try to lock it , it does not work. no manual key lock is working either. the battery in the remote is not a issue , we already checked that. help!

I presume you’re saying that the door locks can be activated by the button inside the car, but not by the keyless remote or the key itself. It’s difficult to do a diagnosis without messing with the car, but I might guess that there is a problem with the driver’s door actuator. The actuator is the piece that actually moves the lock on the driver’;s door and it contains a switch that sends the door lock-un lock signal to the door module to activate the other doors. If you contact Your Mechanic, they can send a technician to your home or office who will be able to diagnose your door lock issue and tell you what it is going to take to solve the problem.

3. The door locks no longer work.