Q: The door locks no longer work.

When i am inside the car , the doors can be locked. when i come out of the car and try to lock it , it does not work. no manual key lock is working either. the battery in the remote is not a issue , we already checked that. help!

I presume you’re saying that the door locks can be activated by the button inside the car, but not by the keyless remote or the key itself. It’s difficult to do a diagnosis without messing with the car, but I might guess that there is a problem with the driver’s door actuator. The actuator is the piece that actually moves the lock on the driver’;s door and it contains a switch that sends the door lock-un lock signal to the door module to activate the other doors. If you contact Your Mechanic, they can send a technician to your home or office who will be able to diagnose your door lock issue and tell you what it is going to take to solve the problem.