Q: the automatic transmission will not go in gear shifter moves but seems like it's in neutral

I've been trying to figure out what I need to do with my car the transmission is not going into gear the shifter moves and the dash display shows its in gear but my car won't move

A: If the transmission is not going into gea...

Hello.

If the transmission is not going into gear and is behaving as if it were in neutral, then it may be possible that there is an issue with the transmission. A transmission that will not properly engage may be slipping as a result of a faulty component or a faulty transmission. If the torque converter, valve body, or one of the shift solenoids fails, it may cause the transmission to slip. I would start by checking the fluid level and scanning for trouble codes if the Check Engine Light is on. A technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to help you scan the codes and diagnose the shifting problem.

Regards,

Eduardo YourMechanic