Q: The 12V electric outlet.

The 12V electric outlet is on all the time. How do I rewire it to turn off when the car is off?

You are going to need to wire is a toggle or push button switch inline in the circuit. I recommend a toggle switch mounted on the dash. It is a simple circuit powered by the a fuse in the power distribution center that is mounted on the left front inner fender. You may need to run a length of wire to and from the switch, but this is a fairly common procedure for modifications such as this.

I recommend removing the power outlet, cutting either the power or ground wire and wiring a two pole toggle switch into it. It won’t matter if it is inline in the power or ground side of this circuit. The results will be the same with this simple circuit.

If you should require assistance with this, I recommend the following inspection to help you out. Electric problems If you don’t want to book an appointment for such a simple procedure, but would like some guidance, I recommend asking a shop to print you a wiring diagram. Most of the time they will do this for free and explain how simple this is.

Good luck!