Q: Tapping problem

My 2003 Chevy Silverado starts tapping when warmed up and has a rattling slight knock when I shift my mechanic said it was the springs on the clutch but its a constant tap once warmed up

A: Hello there, as the vehicle ages and goes u...

Hello there, as the vehicle ages and goes up in mileage it is not uncommon to hear a tapping noise such as this. Many different things can cause this noise but in all cases the noise is not normal. The most common would be low oil level, low oil pressure, rod bearings, pilot bearing, or the throw out bearing. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who will be able to diagnose the noise firsthand and perform any repairs required.