Q: Takes 5-10 seconds of ticking over before engine will fire up

(My car is actually a Vauxhall Corsa)! Half the time when I start my car up it starts first time and there's no bother. The other half of the time it can take about 10 seconds of ticking over before the engine will actually fire up. Once the engine has started, the car runs absolutely fine. Sometimes while im trying to start it up and it is ticking over, it will pause from ticking over for a second and then start up again. I had a new battery fitted last week. This is just a 1.0 litre Corsa I use to take the kids around in. Really need it sorting soon, any advice please? Thanks

3. Takes 5-10 seconds of ticking over before engine will fire up