Q: Takes 5-10 seconds of ticking over before engine will fire up

(My car is actually a Vauxhall Corsa)! Half the time when I start my car up it starts first time and there's no bother. The other half of the time it can take about 10 seconds of ticking over before the engine will actually fire up. Once the engine has started, the car runs absolutely fine. Sometimes while im trying to start it up and it is ticking over, it will pause from ticking over for a second and then start up again. I had a new battery fitted last week. This is just a 1.0 litre Corsa I use to take the kids around in. Really need it sorting soon, any advice please? Thanks

Hello there, the trouble starting your Vauxhall Corsa is a common issue. The most likely cause would be the battery, which you have already replaced. A few other faults can cause hard starting such as the starter, battery cable, fuel pump, fuel filter, coil, spark plugs, or ignition switch. If you need help, a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your hard to start problem and make any repairs required.