Q: Suspension and truck lift

I want to do a complete suspension overhaul and possible lift my truck. I'd like to know what all I need to do this, what are my options? Can I switch from leaf springs in the back to something that makes my tuck ride smoother? Is this something I can do myself? If so, what tools do I need? If I can't, what would the work and parts run me on average? W/ a lift, what are my best options? Suspension or body lift? Again, is this something I can do myself?

Switching from a leaf spring design to a coil spring setup in not very feasible on your truck. You can however find good quality aftermarket leaf springs designed to offer a smoother ride and lift the truck at the same time. In the front you can either get different springs, or you can put a spring spacer to raise the suspension. I usually suggest doing suspension lifts vs body lifts, because the suspension lift will give you more ground clearance in certain areas, by lifting the engine, transmission, and entire frame of the truck, where as only the truck cab and box are lifted on the frame with a body lift. There are a lot of tools required, and I would not recommend doing it unless you are very comfortable with working on your own vehicles. Any suspension work should be done by a qualified professional, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. Suspension and truck lift