Q: Super Seal for A/C with no leaks?

I bought my car about 9 months ago. Considering it was October when I got it, I didn't really use the A/C much and never gave it much thought. A few times I accidentally clicked the button and noticed that I would hear a weird whirring noise accompanied by a small jerk from my car, however, once I turned the button off, this stopped. I told the Ford dealer about this and the mechanic there explained that my A/C had probably just run out of coolant and was cycling. He said to fix it would be about $100 in labor plus the cost of coolant. I put it off for months since it was winter, but now that the weather is warming up, I'd like to try to fix it. I went ahead and bought one 12 oz. can of R-134a and a "Super Seal" kit made for R-134a A/Cs by the brand A/C Pro. I'm not 100% sure that there's actually a leak, but would it be safe to go ahead and run the Super Seal through before the coolant just in case, rather than buy dye to run through? Will this harm my A/C if there's no leak? Thanks

I would not add anything until the system is checked to see if it is full and if you have another problem. You may have a compressor that is bad or leaking, in which case Super Seal may not work and may cause blockage in the system. I would recommend having the system checked by a qualified mechanic to find the problem first before doing anything yourself. It may save you from causing more problems to the system. A certified mobile mechanic from YourMechanic can inspect your air conditioning system at your home or office.

3. Super Seal for A/C with no leaks?