Q: Stuck and confused need help 2002 BMW X5 4.4l

A week ago after a short drive p0011 code appeared the engine had a ticking noise on one side after doing research 50 percent says could be dirty oil the other 50 says it's the vanos my oil is pretty dirty looks black don't know should I get it changed or go to a mechanic to further diagnose this issue

Hello - the P0011 problem code is most likely caused by worn timing chain guides, stretched timing chain or a weak timing chain tensioner. Wear on these components, common on BMW V8s with your mileage, cause changes to engine timing beyond accepted limits. Most likely, your timing chain components: chain, guides, tensioner, idlers, etc.) will need to be replaced. I would recommend an engine inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Stuck and confused need help 2002 BMW X5 4.4l