Q: Strut nut too loose or how it's supposed to be?

I have a metallic rattle from the front end that I don't hear all the time but only when going down a rapid series of bumps like a dirt road or hitting a big dip at slower speeds. I saw that my passenger side strut nut is tightened down like 3-4 threads on the threaded shaft but the drivers side one is tightened down like 1 thread on the shaft, would this make the strut rattle? These struts are ACDelco professional ready mount and that's how they came. Here is a link to the pictures of the nut on both sides sorry for the kinda crappy quality. If the nut wouldn't cause a problem would it most likely be my control arm and bushings need checked out?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-beMZanVbDXpOWDZGGWNE3EHJmaw9C9JgB92pvuYnH8

3. Strut nut too loose or how it's supposed to be?