2003 GMC Envoy has oil in the throttle body 2003 throttle...

Q: 2003 GMC Envoy has oil in the throttle body

asked by on October 05, 2017

03 gmc envoy sle 4200 strait v6.oil is being sucked into my throttle body.how can i fix this.

Oil in the air intake and throttle body indicates blow-by. Blow-by refers to the combustion gases that leak past piston rings during engine operation. The positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) system is designed to prevent these gases from leaking into the atmosphere by routing them to the engine to be burned. The most common causes for excessive blow-by are a problem with the PCV system, such as a faulty PCV valve, or worn piston rings. I recommend having a professional inspect and repair your vehicle as soon as possible. YourMechanic is an excellent option since we come to your home or office.