Q: Strange braking issue.

I recently replaced the master cylinder and brake booster (http://www.getdiscbrakes.com/j84315672) and brought the vehicle to a mechanic to replace part of the brake lines. The mechanic also claims he bled the system. The problem is when I step on the brake pedal there is almost no stopping power until the brake pedal is almost to the floor at which point the brakes engage and the car comes to a screeching halt. The problem is significant enough that the vehicle is not safe to drive. I believe the problem may be air in the lines but don't understand why there would be such extreme stopping power when the brakes finally engage. Is there something else I should be looking at also?

Note - except for the parts mentioned above, the entire brake system is all original with front and rear drum brakes.

A: Hello, based off the information (1967) not...

Hello, based off the information (1967) not sure if that is the correct year. For the year of 1967 it would be an air issue and possible brake (pads or shoes) surface (wear or contaminated) such as oil on brake linings. On a current year model, air in the system would create the same condition. To remove air out of this system requires tools and a scanner that must be connected to the vehicle ABS (anti-lock system) module. The module must be active when bleeding the air out of the system. If you'd like, a certified YourMechanic Technician can come to your location to perform a brake inspection.