Q: still acting like battery

Van ran out of gas originally but once refilled battery acting like it was dead. Got a jump but had to charge for at least 10 minutes before even turning over. Once started it would only run 30-45 seconds at best and thats holding gas pedel all the way down. After replacing with new battery its still doing the same thing but starter clicks maybe twice then nothing but when i tap on starter some times it works and some times it dont. I noticed the top of solonoid where wires are connected is lose and can be turned slightly. Im short on funds due to me and family traveling and van been broke down for 10 days now. Im needing to know what it could be so im not wasting money on unneeded parts. Thank ya

It is very common for multiple components to fail around the same time; especially in regards to the components involved in the starting process. If you tap the starter and it occasionally works, this is an indication of an internal component failure in the starter or the starter relay is faulty. I wouldn’t make any part changes until you have a professional mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection first. This will allow them to pinpoint the source of the issue and recommend the right repairs; so you don’t spend more money than needed.