Q: Sticking Ignition Key

Sometimes the key will turn, and sometimes it sticks. Key looks worn and can't buy a new key from Mercedes Benz. On back order and not being made until Spring 2017.

A: It sounds like your Mercedes is having issu...

It sounds like your Mercedes is having issues with these keys since they are on back order. I can only suggest maybe checking with a local vehicle locksmith. They may be able to make a key that can work for you. You would need to have your old key next to the newly cut one to disable the theft system. Even a valet key can work if you have one. In the mean time, you should probably order a couple replacements from a dealer. If you’d like a second opinion on this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to diagnose the condition with your key firsthand and suggest what to do from there. Good luck.