Q: Sticking Ignition Key

Sometimes the key will turn, and sometimes it sticks. Key looks worn and can't buy a new key from Mercedes Benz. On back order and not being made until Spring 2017.

It sounds like your Mercedes is having issues with these keys since they are on back order. I can only suggest maybe checking with a local vehicle locksmith. They may be able to make a key that can work for you. You would need to have your old key next to the newly cut one to disable the theft system. Even a valet key can work if you have one. In the mean time, you should probably order a couple replacements from a dealer. If you’d like a second opinion on this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to diagnose the condition with your key firsthand and suggest what to do from there. Good luck.

3. Sticking Ignition Key