Q: Steering wheel vibration at high speeds

My car has gone 125,000 miles. It has a manual transmission. Lately, I've been feeling the steering wheel vibration, that's not so bad but it noticeable. I went to the shop, where I was told that everything was fine. However, there is shaking in the steering wheel, which occurs while I'm driving at higher speeds over 70 mph. What could be the cause?

A: Hi there. A high speed shake is either caus...

Hi there. A high speed shake is either caused by an imbalance issue with the tires and wheels or it can be a problem with worn out front end parts or warped hubs. I usually start diagnosing this by road force balancing the tires. This is the best way to see if there are any balance issues with them. If they are fine then the rest of the suspension and steering need to be inspected. If you need to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the vibration you’re experiencing and help you fix it accordingly.