Q: Steering wheel makes clanking noise

When I turn the steering wheel, I hear a clanking noise. While driving, there is a high-pitched squeaking that gets louder.

I would not delay an inspection of your car, judging by the variety of noises it is making. A worn axle or “halfshaft” can click when going around corners. A worn wheel bearing gets louder with speed. I would have the brakes inspected as well. Any worn or loose suspension part usually makes some sort of noise. I recommend having a top-rated technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home or office to run a diagnostic inspection of your steering, brakes, and suspension systems, then suggest the best path to repair.