Q: Steering wheel is locked. I have tried turning left and right and jiggling the key but nothing happens - 2012 Volkswagen Jetta

2012 Volkswagen steering wheel is locked. I have tried everything. Turning left and right and jiggling the key. Nothing happens. ANy suggestions?

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

I would recommend attempting this again to see if you can release the ignition. If you cannot release the steering wheel, I would then ask someone who is larger than you who may have more strength to try. If they are unable to get the wheel unlocked, I would recommend having your vehicle inspected by a qualified professional to determine if the ignition lock cylinder has failed.

If the lock cylinder has failed, I would recommend having it replaced at your earliest convenience. The new lock cylinder will always come with a new ignition key. Once the lock cylinder has been replaced, the issue you are having should be resolved. Be sure to have a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the steering wheel to determine what is causing the it to lock up.

3. Steering wheel is locked. I have tried turning left and right and jiggling the key but nothing happens - 2012 Volkswagen Jetta