Q: cylinder 1 misfire, check engine light on.

Started vehicle , check engine light on, never came off. Had it diagnosed cylinder 1 misfire, what needs to be fixed and the cost of repair.

Hello - this problem can be due to a failed spark plug, ignition coil or oil leaking onto the plug/coil from a leaky valve cover gasket. I would recommend having a Engine Is Misfiring Service completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose the problem first, and then give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. cylinder 1 misfire, check engine light on.