Q: Steering wheel causing idling problems.

When the car is parked and the engine is running, if i turn the steering wheel either right or left the car idles higher by itself.

Hi there. The idle could be getting higher for the computer (ECM) is compensating the added load on the engine. There maybe an issue with the power steering system causing the extra load on the engine and making the idle increase. Check the power steering system and see if there is any leaks, any humming noises, or if the wheels are hesitating when turning. If you need further assistance with your engine idle, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Steering wheel causing idling problems.