Q: Steering trouble

My car has quite a few problems, but I got it cheap so I can't complain. Here's what we're dealing with:

1. If I'm on full lock, I hear a loud grinding noise.
  2. The steering doesn't respond very well in general.
  3. Over 70 mph, my steering wheel shakes, and if I try to turn sharply, I feel like my car is wading in a kiddie pool.
  4. When I take my foot off the brake, the car pulls to the right.
  5. When I'm driving at a normal speed, it also pulls to the right.
  6. The wheel pulls to the left when driving straight.

I tried changing both the track rod ends and the lower control arm. Everything else looks/feels secure when I've examined it. I got an alignment done after replacing the parts, and the steering stayed straight for one day. Can you possibly shed some light on what might be going on?

The steering shaking above 70 is wheel balance. The noise of grinding when turning may be the steering rack and pinion or the struts; I would have to hear the noise. If you are having issues with the steering going one way or the other and you replaced the control arms and track bars, then the rack and pinion bushings are worn out, letting the rack and pinion assembly shift side-to-side. After replacing the rack and pinion bushings, then recheck the alignment. Do not forget to check the inner and outer tie rods.

3. Steering trouble