Q: Starts up and dies down after driving through rain

Driving in the rain. Drove through a puddle (not deep but enough to splash up water) oil light and battery light came on about 5 minutes later while driving and the car died. It'll start after sitting for about 20minutes but then it chugs and dies. I try to give it gas but it doesn't rev up just keeps chugging until it won't start for another 20mins. It runs for maybe 1-5 minutes and cuts off. Electronics still works. I think it's the fuel pump because I cannot hear it come on.

A: Hey there. There are several things that sh...

Hey there. There are several things that should be checked. You need to see if the air filter got soaked with water and replace it if it did. You may have burned out the mass air sensor if it got wet. Look at the serpentine belt to make sure it did not come off. You may have got the alternator submerged in water and shorted out. Have an expert, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the stalling problem to see what fixes should be made.