Q: Starting car

I have a Chevrolet Aveo ls 2004, it wouldn't start unless I jump starter it and so I drove it to an auto parts and got the battery replaced and it started the first time but then I drove it home and it didn't start. What could be the problem now?

Hello, It sounds like you may have a failing alternator causing the battery not to be charged properly. As you may know, the alternator is responsible for charging the battery while the engine runs by generating amperage and recharging the battery while the engine turns the alternator. The voltage regulator is a unit that regulates the charging of the battery by the alternator and maintaining a certain amperage while the engine runs. When the alternator is not working properly, this may result in the battery quickly losing charge and the car losing all power as you have described. You may also notice a whining sound as a result of the bearings inside the alternator begin to fail. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your charging system.