Q: Battery light came on...and still on after battery was replaced

asked by on July 14, 2016

Battery warning light came on as well as the driver's airbag light...I just replace the battery but both light are still on..what could be the problem

Alternator Replacement $149.30 - $1391.75 Get a Quote
Brake Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The battery warning light in most cars indicates there is problem with the charging system as a whole, not just the battery. It sounds to me like you have a problem with your alternator. The airbag computer will set a code and turn on the warning light when the system voltage is too high, or too low.

The light should go out when the problem is repaired. It may not go out immediately though. You need to have your alternator checked. Right now, all of the electrical devices on your car are drawing from the battery. I would not drive it too far. When the power in the battery is depleted, the car will shut off and not restart. Most local parts stores will check this for free if you drive the car there. Call ahead to be certain. Another option is YourMechanic. You can get a quote for an alternator and have a qualified mechanic come to you and diagnose your brake warning light.