Q: Start up without key in ignition

This has happened several times. My Vue will start up after I turn it off get out and use the remote door locks. After the cars horn beeps to confirm all the doors are locked the Vue will start up. At first it would keep running and it wouldnt even shut off when I put the key in turned to auxiliary then to off position. I would have to turn it all the way to the start position and grind the starter then turn to off for it to shut down. Now it doesn't to this every time just once in awhile. But yesterday was different I got out hit the door locks on remote the horn beeped I started to walk away Vue started I turned around holding the key in my hand start to walk back and it shut down, then started up again then again it shut down. I unlocked the doors with the remote opened the door and once more it started and then shut down. Now each time it started it ran for about 30 or more seconds then shut down.

A: The body control module controls your door ...

The body control module controls your door locks and remote starting on your vehicle along with other functions. The manufacture has a technical bulletin for this problem and it says to replace the body control module with an updated new style module. The technical bulletin is 07-08-47-003 dated Feb. 26 2007. You may have to have the body control module replaced by a mechanic that is capable of programming the new module to your vehicle and this is done with the dealer supplied scanner tool. Not all shops or mechanics can do this for you. If you would like to have the problem independently verified before going to the dealer with this issue, you can have another technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the issue so that you are well equipped with the information you need, in case you have to go to the dealership.