Q: Stalling upon startup when cold, error code P0102

Hi. My car has startup issues only when the temperatures are low. It would stall as soon as I start it up. When it happens, I have to keep the foot on the gas pedal and rev it for a couple of minutes so that it would not turn off. Low air flow was detected along with the crank sensor issue that doesn't show signal during scanning. There is an error code P0102. What should I do? Thanks.

A: The <a href='https://www.yourmechanic.com/a...

The P0102 code indicates a fault with the mass airflow sensor system. The mass air flow or MAF is a sensor that is used to monitor the air coming into the engine. Many of these include an intake air temperature sensor. The crank position sensor is used by the ECU to help calibrate engine timing and is used to advance the timing when the vehicle is cold. This combination of faults will easily cause the symptoms you have described. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will have little trouble diagnosing your stalling issue and performing any repairs that are required.