Q: speed guage stuck on 0 car will not pick up speed tranmission not shifting correctly and car cuts off sometimes at traffic lights

speed gauge stuck on 0 car will not pick up speed transmission not shifting correctly and car cuts off sometimes at traffic lights and when I put car in park position it rolls if im on a hill so I got to park on a level surface

A: Hello. If the speedometer is not working co...

Hello. If the speedometer is not working correctly and it is shifting like this then the vehicle speed sensor is usually the problem. I would test this first. If the computer is not seeing a speed signal then it will not shift the transmission correctly. It can also be a wiring issue but that is not as common. Also, if the car is cutting off then it may have another issue. Most of the time this is caused by a bad crank sensor. If you would like to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your stalling and paring issue.