Q: Spark plug issue

my spark plug came out while i was driving, and come to find out my spark plus were wrong and created a thumb size hold in the cylinder overtime. With a 191k miles i got told the best option would be to replace the motor, cylinder and all to prevent any problems in the future. Is this the right move?

Hello. There are thread insert processes and kits available to repair this sort of thing. Sometimes, this can even be done without removing the cylinder head. Helicoil and EZ-coil are 2 choices.

How far you go to preserve the current engine will depend on what sort of condition it is in other than the stripped plug bore, your needs for the vehicle over how long, money available to invest, etc. If the piston or cylinder itself have been damaged, then yes, engine replacement is in order. If you would like to have this checked, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect your car and advise you on the best action.