Q: Smell of gas in oil

I did some research, and I'm pretty sure I located the main problem. The generation of my truck had problems with the fuel pressure regulator. I can't be 100% sure that it's the problem. It hasn't run in a few months, but it cut out twice on me. I'd drive the truck, and it would just cut out on me. I removed the oil cap to check, and it had a very strong smell of gas in the oil.

Hi there. Your vehicle may be experiencing a lack of fuel pressure due to a clogged fuel filter or faulty fuel pump. Also, something to not look past would be the amount of spark (if any) that your engine is receiving. Fuel pump relays tend to go bad as well. If your vehicle doesn’t hum when the key is turned to the ON position. Your vehicle is also equipped with a fuel cut off system which engages if the vehicle experiences a jolt. I would recommend having a certified mechanic from YourMechanic correctly diagnose the car smell as well as any other issues that the car is having. From there, they will be able to make the necessary repairs to ensure your safety on the road.

3. Smell of gas in oil