Q: Small rock entered through air inlet creating much damage

A small rock did So much damage to my car. It came through the driver’s side front air inlet striking the front air conditioner condenser. There was a loss of freon which both entered the interior of the car by way of the system vents and it also spewed air conditioner oil into the car’s left front, left front tire, and that area. This was very dangerous since we were inhaling freon gas that was sucked into the HVAC system and also possibly the oil that was contaminating the front tire or brake assembly. The brake assembly was not provided protection by the manufacturer, like a protective grill screen. The front condensers are easily susceptible to damage. I have found reports online of other makes/models like mine with this problem. Before I proceed with the repairs, what is your advice on how my car should be fixed?

This is indeed sounds like a troublesome issue. The vehicle should be repaired using as many OEM quality parts as possible. There are no grill guards for the brakes, but there should be a splash guard in the wheel well that prevents water from splashing into the engine bay. Next time, try to avoid the situation if at all possible. Any guard put in front of the air conditioning condenser will block air flow and inhibit the air conditioning and engine cooling systems. The best thing you could do is to have the entire system inspected before moving forward with repairs. If you need help with this, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect your AC system and advise you on the appropriate repairs.

3. Small rock entered through air inlet creating much damage