Q: Side lights and tail lights - 1997 Volvo S90

The passenger side parking light doesn’t work but the directional light does. Do they run off the same bulb? The tail lights don’t work. I tried new bulbs and figured out after trial and error that’s it’s an electrical issue because I tested all the bulbs and they work. All of the relays and fuses are fine. My L main relay for my headlights in the 2nd fuse box under the hood had the prongs gone in it, so a relay wouldn’t there. But my headlights work well. Can you help me fix these problems?

Hello. It sounds like you either have a circuit failure or the main switch is failing. Most of the time it is caused by the switch assembly. Either way, this would need to be diagnosed with a voltage meter. Though these circuits use separate grounds, you may have some grounding issues depending on if all of these problems occurred at the same time or at different times. If this is something that you need to have this checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to diagnose the lights and follow up with the proper repairs.

3. Side lights and tail lights - 1997 Volvo S90