Q: Should I replace some fluids in my car if it was parked during a flood?

The other day a storm came thru. My car was parked on the street and the street flooded. The next day I went to check out the car. The floor was wet and some of the seats were damp. I started the car it seemed fine. I drove it around the block and it drove fine. But I heard "water" swishing around somewhere when I came to a stop. I was thinking should I have some of the fluids replaced as a precaution?

A: You should have all the fluids checked to m...

You should have all the fluids checked to make sure water did not get into any component. If it did, then you should immediately have the fluid changed. If water did not get into anything, there's no need to change the fluids. I would suggest getting all the carpets removed and dried out or you will have a mold growing under the carpet. If you need help replacing any of the fluids like:

-Oil

-Transmission Fluid

-Brake Fluid

-Coolant

YourMechanic offers a repair and diagnosis service preformed by a mobile, professional mechanic that will commute to your location for this repair.